(1) There seems to be undue confusion over Gerakan’s withdrawal against its appeal against the Kota Bahru High Court decision on 7th May 2015 which allowed a preliminary objection by the Kelantan State Government and dismissed Gerakan’s challenge against the Islamic Criminal Law Enactment II (Hudud) which was enacted by the Kelantan State Legislative Assembly on 19 March 2015.
(2) On the advice of our legal consultants, we decided to withdraw our appeal against the Kota Bahru High Court decision on 7th May 2015 and focus on energy on the application filed in the Federal Court on 8th May 2015. The first hearing of our Federal Court application will be on 17 September 2015.
(3) However we retain the liberty to file a fresh suit in the High Court at any moment.
(4) Contrary to unnecessary and mischievous speculation, Gerakan has not withdrawn its challenge against PAS’ Hudud Enactment. Gerakan is committed to defending the integrity and sanctity of the Federal Constitution and we will not waver or change course however we are allowed to employ the various legal options available to us under the laws of Malaysia.
(5) We once again welcome all Malaysians join us in this journey to defend and protect the Federal Constitution and our way of life by supporting and endorsing the efforts of Gerakan’s Legal Team.